Our group helps support the students and staff at our school in a variety of ways. Below are some of those ways. Please contact us if you would like to help, or could assist us in any way, even for just one day (click on “Sign up to help” for more ways to do that). Feel free to make suggestions too. This is a great way to continue to support your student’s education, which statistics show, increases student success! We’d love to hear from you!
- Folding LMS newsletters: This opportunity comes around about once-a-month at the school office. Volunteers convene in the morning to get the newsletter ready to be mailed to parents. It takes about 1 ½ hours from start to finish. (LMS Secretary, Mary Eaton will contact you)
- Baking food/goodies for events throughout the year: We need your culinary talent for events like school board visits, parent teacher conferences (Nov. 22-24), staff appreciation (May), Golden Acorn/Golden Apple (April), and so on.
- Fundraiser, the Elf Chase Run/Walk Dec.6, 2014: We will need A LOT of help before, during, and after this event—we will have volunteer positions available for course set-up, registration table, course monitors, clean-up, and much, much more. This event promises to be lots of fun for the whole family!
- PE help for special events: These come up occasionally during afternoons throughout the year. The time commitment is approximately 1 -2 hours.
- Reflections National PTA art contest: This event runs from late Dec. to early Jan. This committee needs a chair person to run it. E-mail us for more details. You can also visit the WA state PTA site for more details… http://www.wastatepta.org/
- Dances: There are several throughout the year. The biggest is the 8th grade dance at the end of the year. We need volunteers to set up, chaperone, and clean up. 8th grade parents – this is a neat event to do with your kid!
- Gardening help: Do you have a green thumb? We need help maintaining the school grounds throughout the year. Even just tidying up!
- LMS PTSA Web site: If you have an interest in technology and want to help with the design, maintenance, and adding informational updates to our Web site, please let us know.