PTSA Meeting Minutes
Langley Middle School
December 16, 2014
Mary Bakeman, Danielle Klein, Shawn Nolin, Jamie Zundel, Sarah Zundel, Katy Zundel
Approval of Minutes:
The minutes from the last lms ptsa meeting were reviewed.
Introductions were made. Danielle Klein was nominated as the new Secretary. A motion to elect Danielle was made by Jamie and seconded by Shawn. All present voted in favor, and Danielle was approved as the new Secretary.
- There is an opening for a parent or community member for the Day of Service event and Shawn is going to see if she can find someone for this position. Mary has a list of needs from teachers and staff for the Day of Service.
- There is an opening for a WA State PTA Membership and Data Entry person. Shawn is going to ask Donna Purcell if she is interested.
- Shawn will set up a meeting with Janet Hunter to find out what they are raising money for and how they are doing it. We would like to collaborate with them.
- The PTSA’s last fundraiser, the Elf Chase 5k run/walk, was a big success. Danielle will be sending out thank you notes to all who sponsored or donated items for the event.
- 8th Grade Dance
- Find sponsors for dance to support expenses
- See if Colleen Jokinin, Betsey Windecker Nelson, Michelle Issette, Heidi Daley, Terra Dodd, will start a committee for dance and graduation both
- Ask Kenzie how much money they spent last year on dance and graduation.
- Ask Kenzie if they found the black lights that were bought for the dance.
- Talk to La Vasser about flowers for graduation.
The treasurer’s report was distributed by Jamie and viewed by all attendees. We went over the budget and a revised budget will be distributed by Jamie for board and general approval at the January PTSA meeting.
Mary represented Principal Nerison who was unable to attend. Principal Nerison wanted feedback on the Holiday Luncheon and the Family Night. Feedback was that both events were received and attended very well.
Next PTSA Meeting January 27th at 2:30 in school library. Meetings are monthly every 4th Tues.