Two Days of Festival Fun
Celebrating Student Arts!
FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS
Friday, June 7th 5 pm – 8 pm
Saturday, June 8th 11 am – 5 pm
at South Whidbey High School Campus
Exhibiting Art of Every Student in Grades K-12
- Travel through the arena of art— art represented from Kindergarten to grade 12—and both student and professional demonstrations
- Traditional FAMILY BBQ sponsored by the Rotary, benefiting Whidbey Island Artist-in-Residence program.
- Interactive art activities for families; demonstrations and hands on art opportunities with art students and local artists, such as Yvonne Palka, Carla Walsh ….
- Festival Fun: Bake sale goodies, fresh espresso, face painting, balloons, art studio hands on opportunities, try your hand at sumi-e or block printing!
- SWE 5th grader ‘s “Pay it Forward” Bake sale, fundraiser for Annual 5th Grade Arts Field Trip
- Local art and educational opportunities offered by artists, WIAC artist-in-residence program, art organizations and businesses
- Two days of live arts performances on two stages, here’s a few highlights:
Friday Night: 7:00 High School and Middle School Jazz bands- HS Auditorium.
Saturday: 11:00 am- Island Strings – Little Theatre
12:30- Island Dance performances –Little Theatre
* This 2-day arts festival is proudly sponsored by the Whidbey Island Arts Council (WIAC), together with the South Whidbey Elementary PTA (SWEPTA) and the South Whidbey School District (SWSD). It is a benefit that brings experienced artists and students together. The proceeds benefit Elementary Art Docent program and K-12 Arts in Education.
Where there’s heART, there’s ART.