Today we were pleased to award our 2012 grants to staff at LMS. Nearly everyone that requested a grant got something, although not necessarily in full. We are grateful to have the support of members, the community and funds to be able to give out just over $3,000 this year. Here are some details:
- Mrs. Bakeman’s 6th & 7th grade Social Studies classes will get erasable cool cubes for reviewing geography terms, branches of gov., countries etc.
- Mrs. Edwards got some money to buy new books for the LMS library.
- Ms. Foley received funds to buy new cases for two saxophones.
- Mrs. Gianni can buy some supplies and equipment for her cooking classes.
- Mr. Gianni received funds toward an adventure education field trip.
- Mrs. Gilbert will be purchasing a curriculum for her 6th grade math students called “Understanding Money through Experience”.
- Mr. Jokinen received funds for new wrist, elbow and knee guards for inline skating in PE
- Mrs. Kizer/Mrs. Bakeman’s 7th grade language arts classes will get some new dictionaries and thesauruses.
- Mr. Ratekin will buy a class set of local author Drew Kampion’s book “From Surfing to Tsunami”.
- Ms. Ross received funds to purchase a “K’NEX Amusement Park Experience” curriculum for her 7th grade science students.
- Mr. Stelling received some funds towards a square dance curriculum for PE.
- Ms. Woods will get to take her lifeskills class to a restaurant in Langley to experience ordering, budgeting, paying, and tipping.
If you have any questions about any of these grants, or the grant process, feel free to email us.